As the summer months loom large over us, emerging from our winter hibernation all hairy-legged and sallow-skinned becomes a real possibility…but as daunting as it may seem you CAN pull yourself out of your funk and get motivated in no time!
Here are my top 5 tips to get you Summer-ready!!
1. Get up and GET MOVING! Begin slow and build from a solid base. Go for a walk. Then go for a longer walk. Then maybe add in some squats. A couple of lunges here and there. Aim to do something every day.
2. Do a “Kitchen Detox”. Go through your fridge and clean out your pantry. Get rid of anything processed, chemically enhanced or artificially flavoured. Fill your fridge with a whole load of fresh fruit and veggies, sauerkraut, organic eggs and some good quality dark chocolate for those late night cravings.
3. Nothing says “fressssssh” like a new do. Whether it’s a trim, a colour or a total overhaul you will feel like a new person with some silky new locks.
4. Refresh your skin. Keeping a simple cleansing/exfoliating regime with a few more intense treatments also helps with year-round maintenance. Invest in a good moisturiser, a great concealer and luxe waterproof mascara.
5. Get yourself a new workout outfit! Tell me you won’t want to pound the pavement in some shiny new kicks and a fierce new look. Go for a great pair of tights and a bright crop.